I'm currently taking offers on my power hammer. I'm looking into making a small upgrade in my shop and need the room and funds. This is a great running machine that will out work any other mechanical hammer it's size.
This is a Scranton and co (formerly beldon) 25lb ram weight mechanical leaf spring hammer.
I've done quite a bit of work and have had a lot of work done to this machine. From machining to fabricating all to make this hammer run like a top! Don't let the paint job fool you, she is a beast through and through!
Here's a list of all that's been done,
- new treadle
- all new shims around the anvil
- remachined dovetails in the ram and sow
block for the dies
- 2 sets of new dies, drawing and flat
- re-shimed and tightened the guides
- new connection bearing
- new clutch pin
- new belting all the way around
- comes with extra belting and lacing tool
- newer 2hp high tourqe motor
- a frame crack professional repaired
A note to the frame crack; I am a professional welder yet have never welded cast iron before, so I bit the bullet and called in someone who does it on an almost daily basis to make the repair. I supervised the whole process and he did a great job and we discovered the crack originated from sand trapped in the casting.
She is live, running, and ready for a test run.
Located in zip code 61272,
Contact me via email at email@example.com
Listed by :
- Monday, 02/27/17 17:58:39 UTC